What is a parent-teacher newsletter?
A parent-teacher newsletter is a document that is sent to the parents of the child in order to inform them about the parent-teacher meeting. A parent-teacher newsletter requires attractive and meaningful content before it is sent to the parents. When you want to build a positive connection between the parents of the child and teachers, you can send the newsletter.
Why is it important to use a parent-teacher newsletter?
It is the huge responsibility of the school to keep the parents informed about various things. As a matter of fact, the communication between the parents and teachers can bring a very positive difference in the personality of the child.
With the use of a newsletter, the parents can know how to reinforce the appropriate academic habits. The parents can also ensure that the child has a positive behavior in the classroom that helps him get positive learning.
The parent-teacher newsletters are considered as one of the best ways to convey the information. It is the responsibility of the teachers to make the newsletter meaningful so that the parents can take benefit from it.
When to use the parent-teacher newsletter?
- The teachers can send the newsletter to parents when the school is going to organize an event, and it wants to inform the parents about it so that they can attend it and prepare their child for it.
- The newsletters are also sent when the school wants to send reminders to parents
- When the teachers want to send the library schedules to the parents of the child
- The teachers also send the list of items the parents are required to collect for their child
- The parents are updated with the news about the school through the newsletter
Tips for creating the parent-teacher newsletter:
The newsletters to be used in the school are formal documents that are required to be drafted in a professional manner so that the school can cast a good impression. Some of the effective tips are:
- Keep the newsletter brief and to the point. The length of the newsletter should not be more than two pages. The newsletter written with unnecessary content becomes too lengthy which is time-consuming
- A newsletter reflects the mind of the persons sending the newsletter. Before creating the newsletter, you need to ensure which tone you want to convey.
- While you decide to send the newsletter for any purpose, you should figure out with which frequency with which the newsletters should be sent. Ideally, send one newsletter every week is recommended. Sending the newsletter too often annoys the recipient, and he may end up completely disregarding your newsletter
- Add the images in the newsletter which are relevant to the newsletter. The images to be used should be of high quality.
If you need to use the parent-teacher newsletter without wasting your time, you can download an easy to use and customize the parent-teacher newsletter template.
Parent-Teacher Newsletter Template