File Type: Microsoft Excel
Trend analysis is the process of collecting a company’s past facts and figures and using them to predict future results. Sales trend analysis gives you the ability to present your data in a chart or a graph form and then add one or more trend lines to it to analyze how the data might appear in the future. Sales trend analysis calculates the percentage change for a business over a period of time of two years or more.
Sales trend analysis template allows executives to calculate the percentage change between two different time periods.
It also lets companies:
• Calculate the amount of the increase or decrease for a certain time period.
• Estimate the percentage change by subtracting the earlier year percentage from the later year percentage.
• If the difference of the two time periods is negative, the change is a decrease and if the difference is positive, it is an increase.
• By dividing the change by the earlier year’s balance,the result is the percentage change.
• Use this template to identify sales trends per product per quarter.
To calculate sales trend analysis, you should have enough facts and figures to cover a realistic period of time, such as two years or more. You should also have dependable intervals, such as weekly, monthly, or yearly entries. By inserting these into a sales trend analysis template, you can calculate the percentage change. If you’re lacking data for a certain period of time, you can intercalate a reasonable estimate based on the figures you do have.
File Format: Microsoft Excel | File size 36 Kb| Editable | Printable | Download